Thursday, October 22, 2009

Ready for Halloween

Halloween is my second favorite holiday, Christmas of course is my favorite. I have a couple of Christmas quilts, and had never thought about making a Halloween quilt until I found this print a couple of years ago. It is very "vintage" looking. It took a couple of years to figure out what to do with it. I didn't want to cut it up in small pieces so I used it as the middle of a small quilt.


I went to my stash and found fabrics that would coordinate with it to make a double border. It is a small quilt, but big enough to snuggle under while watching "The Great Pumpkin."I even put a "fancy" label on it. I have always loved this saying so I found a graphic and printed it out on the computer. I really want to work on making better labels.









4 comments:

Micki said...

I am not really into Halloween so much, but I love what you got.
Micki

Becky said...

Love your Halloween quilt. I haven't anything Halloween except for my pumpkin/Halloween books. I did order Rusty a costume. We're going on a walk at Lilburn Park Halloween morning. I'm looking for Halloween socks, but haven't found any.

Gretchen said...

I love the Halloween quilt! Those vintage fabrics are the best!!!

Diane said...

Love that vintage look fabric!