Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fall at the Cabin


Boy, was I ready for a relaxing weekend. Last week was a short week at school, we were out on Monday for Columbus Day, but I think when the weeks are short everyone tries to cram too much into a shorter period of time. Joe and I headed up to the cabin Friday night. We were excited for different reasons, Saturday was the first day of deer season, and I was looking forward to going to a local quilt show. When I got up on Saturday morning, it was really cold, much colder than it has been here in Atlanta. Joe had already left in what seemed like the middle of the night. I headed out to the quilt show and to do some Christmas shopping. The show was great. (will post those photos tomorrow). When I came back to the cabin the smoke coming from the chimney was a pleasant surprise. Joe had a fire build and had saved me some lunch. I worked on some stitchery the rest of the afternoon and he went back into the woods. It was even colder this morning, a chilly 36 degrees. I love being up at the cabin in the fall and winter. More on the quilt show tomorrow.

No comments: