Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Fall Festival

Last weekend DH and I went to the Fall Festival at the John C Campbell Folk School in North Carolina. It isn't that far from our cabin in Blue Ridge. I always love going to this because it isn't your typical fall festival. The festival highlights the students who take classes at the folk school. Their work is incredible. The folk school offers classes on everything from blacksmithing, to quilting, weaving, jewelry making, and pottery.

There were some great quilts on display. The one above was made by a student at the folk school. It was stunning, the colors were beautiful. Which I am partial to anything that has red in it.

All of the tools used in the barbecue were made at the school and the pig was served to students at the school.

I usually buy some hand dyed alpaca yarn and this year I actually got to meet the alpaca's. They are so cute, when they aren't spitting.
If you ever have the chance to go to the festival I would definitely go. It is my hope to someday take a class there. Happy Fall!!!



1 comment:

Becky said...

Neat festival! Dana P. took a class here one Summer. I'm so impressed that Joe went with you. M. would go, but doesn't always enjoy it. What will you use your yarn for?