Sunday, August 2, 2009

Earthquake!!!

I have lived through my first earthquake! Who would have thought that North Georgia would have an earthquake. Friday night Joe and I went up to the cabin for the weekend, since it was the last weekend before school started we wanted to take it easy, plus our neighborhood had a board meeting on Saturday. Well Saturday morning we were getting ready to leave, I was upstairs and Joe was downstairs when we both felt the house shake and the windows were rattling. Not clearly thinking, I thought Joe was just doing something weird, (what I don't know) and he thought I was doing something. When the house stopped shaking and we realized that the other had not been doing anything out of the ordinary, we thought it might have been an earthquake. We went on the the board meeting where some of the people said it was definitely an earthquake, 3.2 with the center being in Murphy, NC, which is about 20 miles from our cabin. I am so glad I don't live in California.
After the board meeting we stopped at the local blueberry patch to get some berries. They are sooooo good, and only $5.00 a gallon. My tongue was blue from eating as many as went in my bucket. I definitely had a job when we got back to the cabin, washing them and getting them in the freezer. I did leave out enough to eat and make a fresh blueberry cobbler. Aside from the earthquake we had a very relaxing weekend. It is so nice and quiet up at our cabin, we have a young buck that is hanging out eating the corn that we leave out. I have started calling him Skid. He hears us putting out corn, and as soon as we are back inside he runs up to where the corn is and skids to a stop. You can almost see the wheels in his head turning, whooo the corn fairy came again. Joe and I both really enjoy watching the deer from our back deck. Here is Skid enjoying his dinner.
Just a couple of more days before school starts, and I have lots that I want to get done before I go back to work.

3 comments:

blushing rose said...

That was just a wee bitty one ... wait until you get the rock 'n roll ones. Blueberries look wonderful. Just made blueberry pancakes for b'fast & blueberrry muffins for breakfast tomorrow. Have fun ... TTFN ~Marydon

Gretchen said...

Wow an earthquake how weird! Love the story about Skid the deer. Those blueberries look so yummy now I want to get some too!!!

Becky said...

Great post! The earthquake is unbelievable. Blueberries look yum!