Monday, August 3, 2009

Do you Remember???

Do you remember when you were a kid and your mom always took you shopping the week before school started to get your back to school clothes. When I was little my mom made most of my clothes so we had to get an early start, usually a month before. I can remember going to the local fabric store and looking at pattern books and fabric. I had the hardest time visualizing what things would look like made up. I still make a lot of my clothes and have to start early. I did take advantage of our two additional days off and finish some items I had started earlier in the summer. I finished a skirt that I started several weeks ago. I saw this fabric and just had to have it, not having anything in mind to do with it. It is a white cotton, with a black almost eyelet design. I think the skirt turned out ok. I have a black sweater to wear with it. I also made an off-white linen top with a pair of lime green capris. The picture isn't the best but you can get the idea. As I was going through my closet I realized I didn't even have a pair of black capris, that lead me to my clothing fabric stash where I found some black linen and a second pair of capris. They are really easy to make, a front, back and pockets, no zipper elastic in the waist, the pattern I use is a Vogue Very Easy. Most of the tops I wear are longer and cover the top of my pants so why should I go to all of the trouble of putting in a zipper. I did cut out another skirt today, hopefully I can get it together soon.

2 comments:

Micki said...

My mom sewed me a skirt just like that..It brought back memories!
Micki

Becky said...

Love your new school clothes especially your lime green capri pants. My new clothes came by UPS :) Hope your day was a good one! I'm ready for the kids tomorrow!