Wednesday, January 14, 2009

One UFO down, ??????????? to go

One of my New Year's resolutions was to complete at least one UFO a month. At least for January I can say that I did it. Several years ago I found this Santa fabric at an after Christmas sale. ( I am a sucker for old fashioned Santa fabric). I didn't know what to do with it, because I didn't want to cut it up into little pieces. Last fall I found a pattern where I could use it as a border, so I started not one but two quilts. I also have this same fabric with a green background. Unfortunately, that project is still a UFO! I decided that everyone in my family needs their very own Christmas quilt. It might take me years to get them made but one day I will. Here is the finished top.

It was very easy to make. It is 8 blocks by 7, the blocks are 61/2 inches big. All of the fabrics came from my stash are are either Christmas fabrics or Christmas colors. Now to finish the other one and get them both quilted.


No comments: