Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Civic Duty

Yes, I had jury duty yesterday. It seems like every few months I get a lovely summons in the mail. I don't really mind, it was just that yesterday was not the best day to be out of work. But it really seems like no day is good to be out of work. I made my way to downtown Decatur yesterday morning in the fog hoping that I would not be selected and get get back to school or at least get home a little early to do some of my homework. No such luck. I was selected to serve on a jury. That was a first, I usually don't get out of the "holding pen". I was fortunate that I brought along some of my homework for my class, since we had more breaks during the day that actual court time. Luckily it was a very simple case that required very little deliberation, but it was after 5:00 before I got home. No sewing, since I had the assignment that I was working on during the day. I guess as far as jury duty goes it wasn't too bad of a day, at least it was only one day.

No comments: