Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Getting that Christmas spirit back




My job is perfect for me. I love books, and working in an elementary school media center gives me a chance to share some of my favorite books with children. Several years ago I discovered Olivia, by Ian Falconer. I simply fell in love with Olivia. I have made two Olivia quilts, several Olivia pillowcases, and makeup bags out of Olivia fabric. The latest in the Olivia series is Olivia helps with Christmas, (It actually came out last year), this is one of my favorites. I was able to share it with several students before I left for Mississippi last week. I was lucky enough to even find the plush toy that went with it. The students at school loved it. Many of them have even started calling me the pig lady. Olivia has even inspired me to make some gingerbread cookies.

1 comment:

Lori in South Dakota said...

Book people are special (my sister is a librarian and we LOVE to read). Hope your mom is feeling OK (ok for having surgery!) If you like Holiday cactus--go to my November 5th blog post to see mine.