Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

I know we still have a couple of days to go until Thanksgiving, but I wanted to make sure that I wished everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving. This year for the very first time in my married life I am cooking Thanksgiving dinner at my house. I am cooking my very first turkey. I have cooked a turkey breast before but never a whole turkey. I never knew there were so many different ways to cook a turkey. Almost everyone I know has told me "how" to cook it. I hope that it turns out OK. Thankfully I am only cooking for four people, not an entire houseful like many of you. I am also cooking my first dressing and stuffing. To me that is more stressful than the turkey. I am also preparing sweet potatoes, green beans, cranberry sauce, and popovers, and pecan pie. Fortunately I have cooked all of these things before. Happy cooking everyone.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Happy Thaksgiving to you! You will do wonderful with the turkey with all that advice :) I'm making a pumpkin pie. Marion and Kathy are cooking everything else. Of course, I am doing laundry and "latrines" in preparation. Think I may have to read a bit this afternoon. Rusty "needs" someone to nap with him :)
Happy Thanksgiving!

Gretchen said...

How did your first turkey turn out???