Sunday, September 14, 2008

Catching Up, Part II

Just when you think things are getting better, something else happens. I had just about recovered from my surgery and was getting back into the school groove when last 10 days ago my dad passed away. Joe and I always spend Labor Day in Mississippi with my family, while there my dad didn't feel well, we offered to take him to the emergency room. I knew then that he was really in pain. I am so thankful that I spent that day with him, even if it was in the emergency room. The ER doctor found an aortic aneurysm and he was rushed to another hospital for emergency surgery. He came through the surgery but it was just too much for him. He passed away a couple of days later.
It has been very difficult for me. My dad was 82, would have been 83 in three weeks. It has taken me the last week just to feel like I am caught up both at work and at home. I have been extremely busy which has helped a great deal. I don't think that I could stand being idle now.
I hope in the next few days to get back to sewing and doing some things for myself. I did go to to my friend Sharon's garage sale last week. I felt just like I was at a quilt shop. I managed to get some great buys. I bought two kits, one is for Wear Warm Clothes from County Threads, I have had my eye on that for a long time on their website. I guess patience pays off. It was a great buy.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Take care of yourself! Your Dad is in a better place. Give it time. Things will get easier.

Glad you found some goodies at Sharon's sale!