Thursday, March 9, 2017

What happened to winter?

I know that I live in Atlanta, and don't expect a huge snowstorm  every year, but a little bit of winter would be nice.  All of my daffodils have already bloomed and our azealais are blooming now.  We had 70 degree weather in February.  The pollen is awful with doesn't help my allergies.  It is going to be a long spring.  On a better note I finally have both hands.  I got my splint off last week.  YEAH!!! I can sew again.



I  got this quilt back from Leisa my machine quilter and have been waiting to sew the binding on it.  I found this pattern on Pintrest several years ago and feel in love with it.  I didn't even realize at the time that I had the pattern.  The cover of the pattern shows it made up in blues and browns, not my favorite colors.  When I saw the red and brown version I started pulling all of those colors out of my stash and got busy.  Some of my points could be better but over all I am happy with it.



1 comment:

Sherrill said...

Love your star quilt..so pretty! And I am SO happy we had basically the same kind of 'winter' as you guys. I HATE the cold period and freeze when it's below 60 so this year's been my kind of 'cold' weather!!