Friday, September 5, 2014

New (to me) Author


 Sometimes you are aware of an author and for whatever reason you just have never read any of their books.  One of those author's for me is Dorothea Benton Frank. Over the years people have told me how wonderful her books are but I just never picked up one to read.  That changed when about a month ago, my brother told me he had just read Folly Beach and how much he enjoyed it.  I decided then that I had to read it.  Oh, I have been missing out on some wonderful stories.  It is now one of my favorite books.  After reading that one, I checked out Bull's Island and The Last Original Wife from the  public library.  I really enjoyed both of them, but absolutely loved The Last Original Wife.  I can't remember the last time I laughed so  much while reading a book.  Will definitely be on the lookout for other books by this author.

No comments: