Monday, November 11, 2013

New Bonnie Hunter Mystery



I am always excited when the new Bonnie Hunter mystery is announced.  This year the tile is Celtic Solstice and it promises to be great as her myesteries usually are.  I love to do Bonnie's mysteries, but sometimes I am not crazy about the colors that she chooses.  I don't feel too confident in  my ability to choose colors sometimes and am always afraid to pick other colors.  However this year I am doing my own thing.  Las weekend while at the cabin, I went on my usual walk and just happened to look up.  I saw  dark blue, rust, cheddar and olive green, that is when it came to me that I would use those colors for my mystery quilt.  It isn't that different from the colors that Bonnie chose, just a little darker.  I think  this will work, I will even be able  to go darker with my neutrals since they won't be competing with a pale yellow.   I hope these colors work out.  What do you think?






1 comment:

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

I think they look great!~ I had picked out nearly the same ones. LOL ;-)