Friday, September 13, 2013

A different path

Finally, I am doing some sewing, it  has taken a while. DH is recovering from his back surgery, and my mom is finally starting to recover from her back surgery.  My foot is also starting to feel better.  Who knew that a broken toe could hurt so much!!!I definitely don't need to start new projects but  a  few weeks ago when I got the new American Patchwork and Quilting  magazine, I fell in love with one of the quilts in it, A Different Path.  I knew that I had more than enough  scraps to make this.  The one thing I really liked about this quilt is there is no curved seam it is applique.  Since I have been sitting and watching TV with DH I wanted a new hand sewing project and this seemed like the perfect one.

I went through  my scraps and cut light and dark squares. 

 I started appliqueing the dark quarter circles onto the light squares.  I am amazed at how quickly these blocks make up.  After just a couple of nights of working on this project I already have almost 50 blocks finished.   The down side is that you have to  have 256 of these squares.  That  will definitely take a while, but I can't wait to see how this finished quilt will look.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Great project to work on! Can't wait to see your progress.