Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Awestruck!!

Yesterday was my first "solo" outing since my foot surgery.  It was meeting day for the Gwinnett Quilt Guild and there was no way that I was going to miss seeing Edyta Sitar.  I have all of her books and absolutely love her work.  That being said I was not prepared to the beauty of her quilts or her outrageous sense of humor.  (I met her very briefly at spree in Houston year before last, guess that wasn't the best place for her humor to come out).  Her lecture yesterday  was titled  "The reasons for quilts", and it was very appropriate.  I never thought about all of the reasons we make quilts, some of the reasons she mentioned were:  for our children, for dolls, for the men in our lives, for our parents, for brides, making quilts with friends, to learn a new technique, and for ourselves.  All of her quilts were simply stunning.  I tried to get photos of all of her quilts; however the battery on my camera died.  I did get photos of some of them.

Applique quilt

Quilt made with triangles from a trade





Candy necklace quilt

Starburst quilt (love this one)

Tree of life

Indian Wedding ring

 


I would love to be able to turn out quilts like this woman does.  She rocks!!!

No comments: