Sunday, May 19, 2013

Blooms everywhere

Sometimes I think that I try to do too many things, does that ever happen to you?  If I had my way I would probably spend most of  my free time sewing and reading.  I spend some time gardening, and probably should spend more, but the there just isn't enough time in the day for everything.  We have had so much rain this spring that our flowers are really pretty.  For the first time our peony, that was given to us several years ago by DH's aunt, is blooming.  I love the big pink flowers.  I probably should have cut some of them before the thunderstorms this morning, oh well.

We have also had some beautiful amaryllis blooms.  Someone always gives me one of these at Christmas time and after it blooms I usually just plant it in one of our flower beds, this year I think everyone that I have ever planted is blooming.  They are so pretty.  Makes me want to spend more time gardening.

No comments: