Thursday, April 18, 2013

New "old" quilt

I don't know where the last few weeks have gone.  There just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day to get everything done that I need to.  I was  out of town for our spring break helping my mom out with various projects around her house.  Needless to say I was exhausted when I came back and needed really needed another week off to recover.  This has also been an incredibly busy week at school this week, we are getting ready to start our state testing next week.  This year I actually have to administer the test, it has been years since I have done that.  I usually just proctor for another teacher, not this year.  I am giving the test to a small group, really small one student.
I have also been incredibly busy dyeing wool.  I am really excited that my wool business is taking off like it has.  I am looking forward to the summer when I can concentrate more on it.  I have done  very little sewing, but the borders on Snowbound, (which I will show later) and did some mending for my hubby.  I have obtained one new/old quilt.  I am trying to build up my collection of old quilts.  This one is from Pennsylvania the late 1880's.  The colors are absolutely beautiful.  I has never been washed and it looks like it has never been used.  The backing fabric is really nice.  It doesn't have any batting between the layers so it is very thin.  I would love to recreate this one in different fabrics. 

No comments: