Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Wooly pocket finish


Pocket Full of Posies

While in Ellijay for Pat's retreat one of our projects was this cute wool bag,  when I first saw the pattern I knew I would definitely make it.  This would be the perfect pattern to use some of my hand dyed wools.  The applique flowers worked up really quickly, but I couldn't finish it at the retreat because I didn't take the right kind of interfacing with me.  Of course when I came back I put it to the side with the intention of finishing it the next week, well that didn't happen.  I finally finished mine last night.
Here is my version of the Pocket Full of Posies bag.  There is also a needle keep included in the pattern, haven't made it yet.  I plan on using this for some of my smaller sewing projects.  If you are interested in the pattern you can get it from Silver Thimble Quilt Co.or from Fat Quarter Shop.  You can also check out my etsy shop for a kit to make the bag.  You can purchase it in different color ways. 

1 comment:

antique quilter said...

this is adorable congrats on finishing it!
Kathie