Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Mental Health Day

With only five weeks of school left, I really shouldn't have taken a day off,  however; I just had to.  I am a member of the Gwinnett County Quilt, but I usually only go to the meetings during the summer.  Yesterday, the guest speaker was Teddy Pruett, a quilt appraiser from Florida.  Quilt appraising is a huge interest of mine so I had to be there.  It was a wonderful  program. If you ever have the chance to see Teddy, please take advantage of it, she is sooooo funny.  I was her "Vanna" during the program.  (that means that I didn't get to take a lot of photos.)  Here are some of her "story quilts".  The one at the top is a military quilt made in honor of her father.  Most of her "story quilts"  are made from recycled materials many from Goodwill, and other found items.
This is part of her "marriage story" quilt.  It contains pieces of hand towels, aprons, and other found items.
I absolutely love this quilt.  It was made in honor of Teddy's church friends.  Look closely to see what the choir robes are made of.  I have lots of those Crown Royal bags laying around.  I think I am inspired.
I will never think of this as an apple core quilt again, it is now known as the panty liner quilt.  This quilt was tiny, inspired from a larger quilt in Teddy's collection.

I wish that I had been able to photograph more of her quilts, but check out her website for some great photos. 

No comments: