Monday, September 14, 2009

Thimbles Weekend


Last weekend was Thimbles, it was so much fun. I am really trying to limit myself and not get carried away buying the kit each month. I did cave in and buy the one for September, Scrappy Nines. It is one of our fearless leader's designs. The kit was offered in three color ways, the red/white, blue/white, and a black/tan version. I liked all three but finally decided on the black/tan one. I am trying not to have red in every quilt that I own. I only managed to get all of the pieces cut out on Friday night. The kit for the black/tan was put together a little different and I wanted to get it cut out, although I did make one mistake and have to borrow from Pat's mistake pile. That is what happens when you try to talk, read directions and cut fabric at the same time. There were some great quilts in process on Friday night. Here are just a few of them:








There are so many talented people in our group, I love to see what everyone is working on.

3 comments:

TexasRed said...

Sounds like a fantastic quilting project. Definitely impressed to see what your group is doing!

Gretchen said...

Missed seeing you! I need to go on a Friday night sometime but usually I'm too tired to get over there. Can't wait to see your finished scrappy nines. Mine will have to wait; there are three quilt projects ahead of it LOL!

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

I hope you are ok with the changes on the Black and Tan and hoping I didn't confuse everyone!!!

Those BOO BOO kits are there for a reason..

Pat