Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Projects in Progress

Over the weekend I worked on some UFO's. My new goal is to complete one UFO before I can move on to a completely new project. The first UFO to claim my attention was one started over the summer at Sisters. The name of the pattern is Firecrackers. I decided to use up some of my stash on this project. I went with a patriotic theme, red, white, and blue. While at Sisters working on the project my friend Becky and I traded some fabrics so we would have more variety in our scraps. I have most of the blocks ready to sew together. The only thing I will have to buy for this project is a backing and possibly border fabric. After completing all of the blocks I will have to look through my stash to see if I have a fabric that will work for the border.
My second UFO is a quilt that only needs the binding on it. I had originally made this quilt to donate to my a silent auction at my school for Relay for Life, but I decided that I liked it too much to give away. I think it will be a keeper. I have another quilt that is currently being quilted that I can just as easily donate. I purchased the fabric for this quilt over two years ago. It was a charm square pack plus a border and binding. I am slowly working through my stash.

No comments: