Monday, October 20, 2008

Finally, a relaxing weekend!

Things have been so hectic around my house lately that it was wonderful to have a relaxing weekend, and the house to myself. After being out of town at COMO (media conference) on Thursday and Friday a relaxing weekend was definitely in order. My husband left on Friday, before I got home from Athens, to go hunting for the weekend. That meant that I had the house to myself for a couple of days. I truly love my husband but sometimes it is nice to be alone. Saturday morning I got up bright and early to go to the first Quilt Expo at the Gwinnett Civic Center. It was a lot of fun. There were some beautiful quilts on display. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera at home. There were lots of vendors there from various parts of the US. I am so proud of myself for only buy two fat quarters and a yard of fabric. Both pieces were needed to completed projects that are started. I also purchased two patterns. While looking around I ran into several friends, and co-workers. It was great to see everyone.

After doing some errands that just couldn't be put off any longer, I got home and started sewing. I made a pair of pants, all except hemming them. That hopefully will get done tonight. I did my Pat Sloan Good Book Club blocks of the month. Then I got out a project from the summer called Firecrackers. I want to get it finished before I start anything else. I am trying to finish one old project before starting a new one.

I also did some reading over the weekend. We have started a book club at my school, and our first selection is Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult. It is a very interesting book. I am anxious to hear what everyone thinks about it.

No comments: