After reading my friend Becky's blog about the book Twenty Wishes by Debbie Macomber (which I read earlier int he summer, and really enjoyed) I started think about my own twenty wishes. I know that over the years, I have "wished for certain things", but for the life of me I can't remember most of them. I don't know if that means I really didn't want them, or if I decided they would never come true.
After think about this for the week, I have come to the conclusion that everybody needs wishes. I don't have 20 but I have a start on them.
I wish to:
1. To visit Alaska again, my DH and I went 6 years ago and have often talked about going back.
2. To rescue a puppy/dog from the pound and give it a home.
3. To get better at saying no. (and start putting myself first, at least for some things.)
4. To spend more time with my parents.
5. To move out of a 1960's brick ranch into a two story house with a huge porch.
6. To perfect my hand quilting stitch.
7. To hike the AT. (at least part of it)
My plan is to revist this list frequently, to make these wishes come true and add others as needed.