Saturday, August 1, 2015

Out of my box

I saw this quilt pattern in a magazine about three years ago and for some reason it talked to me!  I was surprised because  most of the quilts that I am attracted to are much more traditional.  This quilt is also paper pieced which I have done before but not to this extent.  There are nine blocks and I can't even get them laid out in my sewing room until I move some things around.  The blocks are huge, about 30 inches square.  I started this quilt shortly after finding the pattern, three years ago, today I finished the last block, now to get the rest of the paper off of the back and get the blocks sewn together.  I have three of the  blocks together, I couldn't wait wanted to see how they were going to look.  



1 comment:

dortha said...

Very pretty. I love scrappy quilts.