Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Summer time busy


 This summer has been extremely busy with work and gardening.  Our garden has produced a lot of green beans, I have canned over 40 quarts of green beans and put some in the freezer.  It saves money in the long run, but it is lots of work.
 Also lots of cucumbers, I have made bread and butter pickles, sweet pickles and spicy sweet pickles.  I have never known  any one else who made these,  I got the recipe from my former sister in law, they are really good.  I know it sounds strange but Cinnamon spicy pickles are pretty good.  
I have also anxiously been waiting for the delivery of  my book, Go Set a Watchman.  To Kill a Mockingbird is my favorite all time book and I have been anxious to read the "prequel" to it.  It just came, can't wait to get started on it.

No comments: