Saturday, December 13, 2014

I Love Christmas

This year I decided to switch things up a little with my decorating.  I promised DH that I wouldn't put out all of my nutcrackers this year, I only put out about a 1/3 of them.  I also made a new garland to go over the mantle with some antique ornaments that I found at an antique store a few weeks ago.  I think it turned out ok, I'm not usually crafty when it comes to things like this.



I found this little silver/gold tree at the same antique store along with the crochet doily that I am using for a tree skirt.  The silver/gold nutcracker was a gift from my mom last year for a Pre-christmas present.  The little Santa and sleigh belonged to my older brother when he was little, I decided that I needed it.  My mom always made a winter scene in the large picture window in our living room and the little sleigh was always a part of it.  She also used ornaments, pine cones, and candles, This was one of the first things my mom would do to decorate for Christmas, we always had a real tree and it didn't go up until about  a week before Christmas.  We never purchased a tree, we always went out into the woods to cut one, my dad usually had one already picked out about a month before Christmas.  That is one of my favorite memories of Christmas, going out with my brother and dad to cut our tree.  I miss my dad everyday, but more so at the holidays.  Enough reminiscing, out tree is up a couple of years ago I bought an artificial tree to help out with my DH's allergies.  It isn't a bad tree, just not a real one.


I spent half of my day looking for this Santa and our stockings, I was starting to panic I thought that possibly they had been thrown away after last Christmas.  Of course I found them in the last place I looked today, the basement.  

Hope everyone's decorating is going well!!!

No comments: