Sunday, August 17, 2014

Last flowers of summer

 With the temperature in the mid to upper 90's it is definitely still summer here in Atlanta. but my flowers are starting to fade in anticipation of fall. These are the last of my cone flowers and they are sorta of sad looking.
Last of the sunflowers, these are my favorite summer flowers.

With the dog days of summer comes thoughts of winter or at least fall.  At stitch in this summer, my friend, Sarah, shared her Midi bag made from wool.  I knew after seeing hers that I had to make one.  I started it today, lots of 2 1/2 inch squares in my future.  Cant' wait to get more of this done, and I would have but fate intervened today and I had to go shopping for a new refrigerator.  When I woke up Saturday morning I noticed that water was dripping out of the freezer part of the refrigerator, that is never a good thing.  As the day went on I noticed that the entire refrigerator was really not working the way that it should.  my DH always takes care of things like this, but DH was out of town this weekend so it was up to me to take care of it, not that I mind, but it did cut into my sewing time.  Thankfully the new fridge will be delivered on Wednesday, now there are several coolers full of ice and things out of the fridge all over the kitchen.  Can't wait for the new one to be delivered.

2 comments:

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

Sorry about the fridge and the fading flowers. Working with those bright wools will brighten your day!

kristie said...

Ahhh! I had our refrigerator go out right before Thanksgiving and "the move". Totally know about using coolers and a college dorm refrigerator for 2 months until we moved. Love the wool mondo bag and will be making one out of your wool also soon.