It has been a busy week, the end of the 9 weeks and lots of wool dyeing. (plus a nasty stomach bug that was no fun). I finally finished the pillow that I was working on with the pumpkins. I thought I had a photo of the finished pillow but couldn't find in on my computer and currently am too lazy to get up to take another one. I really like the way it turned out. I am definitely getting into this wool thing.While at Tiny Stitches on Saturday delivering some wool, I picked up the new book Bewitched Threads. It has several different projects in it that I would love to make. The first one that I decided to do was this crow Halloween pillow. The background is a silk noil, which I just happened to have some left over from a garment that I made a few years ago. It is quilted in a simple cross hatch then the wool is appliqued over it.
So far I have the background, the crow, his purple hat, and the pumpkin read to go. Maybe I can get it finished before Halloween. Wish me luck.