Monday, November 14, 2011

What I bought in Houston

 As you know I was lucky enough a few weeks ago to travel to Houston with my three best friends, Becky, Krisie, and Pat.  It was the best time, I am still telling everyone about it.  Yesterday I was going through my purchases again and realized that I hadn't posted about them.  First, I can't even hardly to begin Spree, I am so glad that I had the opportunity to go.  We got there just as they were letting people in, didn't even have to wait in line.  Becky and I wanted to head to Moda, it wasn't hard to figure out where the were, all you had to do was look for the huge, and I do mean huge crowd.  I knew exactly what I wanted, the new Primitive Gatherings Christmas line.  I managed to make my way to the front and ask a fat quarter bundle.    Luckily they still had them!!  I got my bundle and my Moda collectors item bag and then when exploring to see what else I could find.  There was so much to look at, I was in quilter's heaven.  I could have bought much more than I did, but I had given myself a budget.  ( I only went over  little!!!!)

The new books were very tempting, however I only bought one, the new one from Edyta Sitar, Reasons for Quilts. It is a wonderful book and one that I would recommend to any quilter. The patterns are absolutely out of this world and the stories that go with each pattern are wonderful to read.



Here is my Primitive Gatherings bundle, plus a bundle called Serenity.


Before going to Spree we headed to Painted Pony, I had heard of this shop from Pat but wasn't prepared for all of the great fabrics and patterns they had.  I bought some great fabric for a vest and a pattern.  It is now cut out but not made yet, have to find some lining for it.  I also got a few fat quarters of some diawabo fabrics  for my Snow Day's stitchery that I am working on.  Can't wait to cut into those pretties. 

Diawabo fat quarters
Now I need to get busy and finish some projects.

1 comment:

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Great purchases! I love the Diawabo fabrics! Have a happy week~