Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Snowballs on a Snow Day


 Today was a snow day, the second one in two weeks.  Snow days don't bring the dread that they once did, you knew if you had a snow day you would have to make it up later in the year.  No More, we now have digital learning days.  Students have online work to do and if we don't have a classroom we have to watch training videos and take a quiz.  Did that first thing this morning then headed to the sewing room.








 I decided to work on the snowball blocks for the
Temecula Quilt Company scrappy snowball sew along.  I was a week behind and wanted to get caught up.  I am using fabrics from my stash for
the snowball blocks.  Each week you should make 8 light blocks and 8 dark blocks. 



After finishing my snowball blocks I finished up my flying geese for ORL by Bonnie Hunter.  One good thing about making this after all of the steps have been published you can skip around.  I decided to make all of the flying geese at one time.   Mine are cheddar and brown with neutrals.  Only thing left is to trim them up.  Hopefully can do that tomorrow, another SNOW DAY.

1 comment:

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

We rarely get snow days in western Colorado. When we do have one, it is usually only one and we don't have to make it up. Enjoy your snow/sew day!