Sunday, February 9, 2014

First trip to the cabin this year

We made our first trip to the cabin this year.  I can't believe that here we are 6 weeks into the new year and haven't been to our cabin, it has been a combination of the weather and DH and I both having the flu that has kept us close to home this year.  I love the cabin in winter but I realized on my walk yesterday that the main color at this time of year is brown.  Everything is brown, the trees, the ground, and even  the sky looked brown.  It is the perfect time to be inside with a fire, a cup of hot chocolate and a good book, or some handwork.



 I took my applique blocks to the cabin and guess what 7 done only two more to go.  Can't wait to finish the other two and get them sewn together.  I have started working on the half square triangle border but have a  ways to go on that.  More snow and ice is predicted this week, could be that school is out a day or two which means more sewing. 


No comments: