Saturday, October 26, 2013

Latest swap

 I still haven't recovered from my gum graft, and I still look like a chipmunk, one with two black eyes.  At least the pain isn't quite as bad as it was.  I felt like doing some sewing today, but didn't feel like working on one of my many projects that are "in progress".  I got out our latest Thimbles swap, and started on it.  For this swap we are using shirtings and the pattern, Yellow Brick Road.  This is a super easy pattern, and should go together very quickly.   The strips that we swapped are already cut to the correct width. 
Starting to sew strips together.

 
We got the idea for this from one of the quilts that Pat made for a friend of hers.  It was absolutely gorgeous.  I think I might make mine a little  bigger by adding some of my shirtings, haven't decided for sure.  Hope I feel like doing some more sewing tomorrow.

No comments: